People’s predictions of the future have always been entertaining to me. As people try to predict the end of the world, the winning team of the football team, or even what the world would be like in a 100 years, many mistakes are bound to be made. The truth is, the world is unpredictable.
After reading a newspaper article written in 1901 that predicted what the world would be like in 2001, here are a few of the things that caught my attention:
– American man will live 50 years because he will live in the suburbs
– No C, X, or Q in everyday alphabet
– No misquotes or flies
– No street cars in large cities
– Everybody will walk 10 miles
– No wild animals and horses will have become extinct
– A university education will be free for every man and woman
– Strawberries as large as apples.
Read the entire article here: http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2012/1/14/10/enhanced-buzz-wide-28853-1326556176-15.jpg